I will sending this one to my daughter who’s a huge Harry Styles fan but doesn’t know a thing about Arcade Fire. See also an electrifying performance of The Lightning I and II from the band’s most recent album We.
- Farewell to an old friend, the iPod. Although I sold my original iPod many years ago, I still have my second generation model along with a few others from over the years. A true game changer of a device.
- Now when someone says it’s impossible to take a photo of something that by definition is invisible, you can point them to this image of Sagittarius A*, the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy.
- Many many websites secretly logging keystrokes? This hardly seems surprising.
- Gabriella from Risotto in Glasgow has got a fantastic internship opportunity for a budding Riso-loving studio assistant. Applications are due by May 25th.
- Infinite Mac, a browsable collection of classic Mac software built within a browser.
- Spent some time today perusing Wikipedia’s historical list of software bugs.
- An ode to the humble Fruit Sticker. The Banana octopus really does win the day.
- A great explanation on the complexity of simplicity.
- LEGO Pyramid of Giza architecture set, c’mon!
Notable Type Releases
- The Nice superfamily from Fontwerk (Jan Fromm) is… ahem… very nice. The sharp teardrop-like ears are striking and the inclusion of a Micro range of styles is chef’s kiss.
- And on the other end of the visual and maybe practical spectrum we have Lithops from Velvetyne which I think you’ll agree is best used big.
- Blaze Type’s new Taklobo isn’t going to win any awards for legibility at small sizes but it has a 1970’s psychedelic, reverse stress, organic funhouse mirror kind of vibe going on. I think I like it even though I’m not sure what I’d personally do with it.
- I am here for Sharp Type’s new Humanist sans-serif revival/reinvention Ghost.