The final nail in the coffin, ahem, metaphorically. A fascinating design solution.
- Mitch is a smart cookie and I’ve long appreciated his honest, no fluff approach to his work as an educator. This talk from York College of PA from earlier this week will be good weekend viewing.
- Lots of great new typefaces coming out of the 2021 class from Type West. Ambl, Spades, Homecooked, Montesario and Madrecuixe being overall favorites.
- Accessibility matters and maybe this NYT article on alt text will provide a little guidance and insight to help us all figure out how to do better.
- We’ve already done a good job of ruining our planet with junk, and space is truly the next frontier. Good job humans :(
- Scan of the Month: Instant Cameras. I have one of those AF 600 cameras!
- There is weight to The Cloud. We’re just beginning to see the effects of that.
- Fedrigoni Paper Box. Swoooooooon!
- Curling is hard yo.
Notable Font Releases
- Lewis McGuffie’s Rulik is all kinds of groovy, not something I think most would say about uncial typefaces. The set of little flower icons included is exceedingly charming.
- I’m really smitten with Matt Wiley’s LT2 Stencil typeface. 100% of profits from licenses will go towards UN High Commissioner for Refugees Ukraine Emergency, so get on it.
- Harry Wright’s highly gestural and experimental Other Typeface is something else.
- Nodding along with Steve Heller’s choice of Nicholas by Nick Shinn at ILT.